So! Here we are at another Prime Day, another turn of the calendar page. All the French beauty buys I saw were centered around a few brands: primarily Klorane, Avène, Bioderma and Vichy. To be honest: The American brands I saw on Prime Day this time around were more exciting than the French ones, primarily R+Co (I’m obsessed with their thickening Dallas shampoo and conditioner).
That said: Below, the top-selling French products on this October Prime Day, and my review, where I have one.
1. Klorane Dry Shampoo Powder with Oat Milk: The reality is that I personally find dry shampoo annoying (it just tangles everything up, in my experience), but this one, from Klorane, smells so good it might as well be hair perfume. Our review: 8/10
2. Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water: Bioderma was the brand at the center of all the buzz about micellar water in the years past, but IDK, I don’t find it that exciting? Our review: 2/10
3: Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water: If you’re looking for water to spritz yourself with while — IDK, sitting in an airplane? Where it’s dry? I have one of these and TBH did not consider it money well spent, though I did enjoy spraying it on my face. Life is a conundrum. Our review: 1/10
4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin: I haven’t used this, but I do think more than most French brands La Roche-Posay can tailor cleansers to particular problems, rather than just, like, general “face wash”.
5. Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing Oil: I’ve only tried this once, and all I remember is that I didn’t like it as much as Shu Uemura’s famous cleansing oil. Our review: 3/10
6. Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream: We just happened to have this on hand when we brought home our puppy, and his claws, and it has made a difference in healing time. Our review: 8/10
7. La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face: I haven’t tried this hyaluronic acid, but I’d be more likely to, now that it’s 30% off.
8. Vichy Mineral 89 Eyes Serum with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid: I’m not using eye cream at the moment, but if I were, I might very well try this one, which has 4.5 out of 5 stars and over 15,000 reviews.
9. Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream: Part of the RetrinAL anti-aging line, this is meant to “Reduce Signs of Aging, Brighten & Rejuvenate Skin” — here’s hoping it works! Very good reviews. for what that’s worth.